Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happiness Is...


I spotted this print from Annechovie on The Preppy Apron and loved it. It's one of my favorite sayings, and something I have to remind myself of whenever I'm drooling over other peoples' beach houses!

I also believe in the power of kindness. It's amazing how one nice comment or thoughtful gesture can carry me through the day. Happiness is having kind and generous readers like you who respond to my posts, add my link to your blogrolls, and choose to "follow me." Have I said thank you lately? :-)

(You can find these prints and more at Annechovie's Etsy Shop.)

P.S. I hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day weekend! I have a treat for you over at my other blog today--photos from the movie Chocolat. Oh, and don't forget to enter my giveaway before midnight tonight!

10 comments:

  1. So much wisdom in this signs! Thanks for sharing.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great Mother's Day Julia. Love these slogans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! Hope you had a wonderful mommy day, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first saying, and it is SO true as well. Be happy with what you have and stop wanting more and more :)

    Hugs from Marian and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are very nice sentiments. We all need to remember them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does that include drooling over other people's blogs? BOTH of yours are AMAZING!! I hope you had a fabulous weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet. And love the "three-item" arrangement w/the sea shells!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog Julia...my 5 year old just said today, "Mom, wouldn't that be so cool if the whole world was a beach and we had sand in our house all the time?"
    So I went out and bought :( (no beach around here) some shells to decorate with, just because his idea sounded so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh, those are soo cute!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by. Kick off your flip-flops and stay awhile! ~Julia :-)