Thursday, May 28, 2009

Some Beach House Lighting for Lampapalooza

The Nester is having a "Lampapalooza" blog party today, and everyone is showing, well, lamps and lighting! Here are a few examples of pretty beach house lighting that caught my eye this week:

These two turquoise lamps from a room in Southern Accents really "pop," don't they? I think they pull the whole room together. Here's another pretty blue lamp in a bedroom featured on HGTV.com. Really like the beachy blues in this room, and how the lampshade kind of coordinates with the bedding:

Speaking of a lampshade that goes with the bedding--check out this cheery yellow and aqua bedroom from James Solomon's portfolio (which I originally found at House of Turquoise):


Head over to Nester's to see the lamps and lighting everyone else is showing today for Lampapalooza (do you know how many times I had to check to see if I was spelling that right?).

Oh, and I've got a post on my other blog I'm entering in the party, too--an example of what not to light an old French cottage with (click right here to see that).

16 comments:

  1. You always have the best photos. LOVE the aqua and yellow. I mean LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia...I love these rooms! And of course I love the lighting, too! Did I mention how much I love these room!!! :-) Happy Lampapalooza Party Day! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seu blog é aconchegante
    e inspirador.
    Hugs
    .¸¸♥♥
    Your blog is cozy
    and inspiring.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Your pictures just took my breath away. They are sooooo amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason this post made me want to throw out everything in my house and start over! Love the light fresh colors...so cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You choose the most BEAUTIFUL photos. I'm loving the blue & white combo these days. The girls and I are building DH a deck for Father's Day while he's at work (he works Sundays) and we are decorating it in aqua and cream. I love coming here, so many great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I like those lamps, but LOVE that last room. It is so cozy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors. can't wait to take a look at the rest of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm...turquoise. I really like that with a crisp white shade. Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia,
    Nice photos. I like the 3rd picture it is an unusual combination, but I like it. It is interesting and a bit unexpected. Wallpaper has fallen out of favor the past few years, but this looks crisp and fresh.
    ~Cathy~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love this site! My husband and I own a cottage in NW Onario, Canada and we're in the midst of decorating and adding our own personal touches to our home away from home. Your blog is very inspiring. I will be following your blog faithfully:)

    Your cottage friend, Joella
    oneartsychick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love every single thing in this post! And since I am obsessed with all things turquoise...I'm off to House of Turquoise right this minute!

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  13. the turquoise room is so lovely! i just found your blog, and i like it a lot! i'm going to go for a little tour now :) you are welcome to visit mine. best wishes from stockholm! /tiina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julia! I just discovered this blog tonight, PLUS your Hooked on Houses blog!! Well, I am now HOOKED ON YOUR BLOGS!!! I am making myself a follower. I can't wait to view all of your old blogs when I get some time. Absolutely LOVE everything I have seen so far... You are great. I saw your "Rebecca" house/movie pics. I love that movie also, so did my Mother. Again, I am so glad I found your blogs. Take care!
    Best regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  15. QUESTION: Can I subscribe to your blogs via email? If so, can you add me to your email list? gloria.vincent@yahoo.com. Thanks!

    gv

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by. Kick off your flip-flops and stay awhile! ~Julia :-)