Monday, August 17, 2009

Take Me There


It's Monday morning, and I'm sad that summer is ending this week. The kids go back to school in two days, and I'm dreading those 6:30 a.m. school bus pickups. Those afternoons filled with homework. I've got a list as long as my arm of things to do today to get ready for the school year, but I just want to crawl back into bed and pretend it isn't happening.

When I discovered Christine Reilly, a photographer who specializes in amazing ocean photography, I resonated with the title of this piece: Take Me There. Yes, please do. Take me here.

She also takes us under the water with her. In the mood for a swim?
Christine tells me, "Beaches, beach houses, and anything to do with the water is definitely something that is close to my heart." You can see more of her work at her Etsy shop and her website.

Anyone else got the end-of-summer blues?

P.S. I'm showing photos of Diane Lane's Italian villa from Under the Tuscan Sun over at Hooked on Houses today. It's one of my favorite movie houses.

14 comments:

  1. Well I don't yet, since my daughter is just a baby and the pool is still open for a couple more weeks. But man those photos are gorgeous! I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the beach is my favourite place to be so I love those photos. Sad that the children have to go back so soon. Our schools wait til the day after labour day to open for the school year.

    Pop over to my blog I am having a giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still have three weeks of school hols to go here in England.....but I know what you mean!

    Beautiful images.....off to check out Diane's house now.....love those blogs of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her photography..., it's all so close to my heart too. It would be nice to be lounging by the water under palm trees right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. School doesn't start here until Sept. 8th. So I'm not there yet, but I'm sure I will be. Love the photographs...I'm off to check her out.

    Can't believe you have a 6:30 pick up time. That's really cruel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially love the underwater one. It's just sooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these pictures are truly amazing! (love their borders too...)

    my kids don't start school til 9/9..., but my youngest starts preschool this year.

    end of summer blues and "freakin out cuz you're out of my site" blues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We staarted school more than a week ago.


    We do have the ocean and palm trees anyway, though :)

    Beautiful work she does!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES!! We are all feeling a little sad that summer is nearly over. Glad it's not just us! I am definitely dreading the early mornings and homework...

    Love the photography, though. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I felt the exact same way this morning. I wanted to pretend that this wasn't happening. It wasn't time to get back to school yet. UGH. But, it's happening. One week from tomorrow the nightmare returns.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how I would love to be there right now! I have been craving the ocean lately. The other day, I was sitting out on the deck with my eyes closed, imagining that I could smell the salt water. We live in the desert in Oregon, but are originally from the coast. We love the warm weather here, but I do miss the beach. My own little beach house somewhere would sure be nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos! Like looking from inside something you'd rather get out of so you can get to that beach!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My kids go back to school tomorrow. We had a staycation this year instead of our usual three weeks by the sea. We've had a lovely, lazy holiday but I feel like I've missed a 'fix' and have an ocean shaped hole in my heart. I can feel a bargain break coming on in October!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh...so pretty.:) I'm sad summer is over, too - my son started 9th grade this year, first year of highschool. (sniff) ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by. Kick off your flip-flops and stay awhile! ~Julia :-)